Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Men these days!

I was recently watching a movie from 1967 and realized that chivalry is completely dead. What happened to men addressing us ladies as 'miss' and 'ma'am'? Now all you hear is 'woman' this and 'bitch' that. Why must they think that being such pigs is tolerable? Not only do women allow them to do so but you see 15 year old girls proud to say that they are 'his bitch'. Do these kids really think that it is a term of endearment? Come on! Just once, when a guy is texting me, I would love for him to say, 'Would you like to go out on a date with me?'. Contrary to my wishes, the usual text reads, 'Hey, we should uhhh hang out ;)'. Pardon me, but a winking face after an extended 'uh' is grounds for me to assume that you are labeling me as promiscuous. Seriously? Do I look like I run down the streets screaming 'I'M A FLOOZY!' I think not. So, why do they assume so? Is it all girls? Am I being put into the 'easy' folder because I'm queen sized? Well, let's set the record straight. I have morals AND standards. I don't jump into the arms of every man that comes around. I respect myself more than that. I will openly say that in the past and my younger days I would willingly bow down and worship any guy that would show me the slightest bit of attention. However, I'm a different person now. I love who I am/who I've become. I don't know that girl anymore. I am woman, hear me roar (had to throw that in there).
Love yourself for yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment